Pinus mugo var. mughus
- Zone 2 – 3 – very hardy and not resistent to draught.
- Grows well in full sun or partial shade.
- Adapts to most well drained soil conditions. Grows best in fertile, sandy, loam or clay.
- Mugo pines grow into dense bushy shrubs. Excellent for shrub borders or along foundations. They make interesting bonsai and rock garden specimens. This is an outstanding maintenance free little shrub with very dense foliage and a fine to medium texture that works well in most landscape settings.
- Grows up to 2.5 metres ( 8 feet) tall and twice in width.